For official statements or reaction to current issues please contact the Secretary of UKMA (see our contacts page for details).
Obtain copies of our published reports.
- 5 key reasons why Britain should complete its conversion to the metric system
- 5 common objections to UK adopting metric units
- Compare how Britain began but failed to complete metric conversion while Australia has had a completely successful transition.
- Compare the positive way decimalisation of our currency was handled in contrast with metrication.
- The timeline behind Britain adopting the metric system
- Read extracts from key reports regarding Britain's adoption of the metric system.